Ingredients for 12 bliss balls:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almonds (165 g)
- 4 Medjool dates (⅔ cup or 85 g pitted)
- ¼ cup raisins (35 g)
- 1 tablet 100% raw cacao chocolate (70 g)
- toppings: chopped almonds, freeze dried berries, hemp seeds
- food processor
- Preparation: Soak the almonds overnight.
- Rinse the almonds thoroughly the next day and let them drain.
- Soak the Medjool dates for 10 minutes.
- Put the almonds, Medjool dates and raisins in your food processor and blend for a minute. We don’t need a smooth consistency, the bliss balls are tastiest when you still have small chunks of nuts.
- Put the dough in a bowl and roll about 12 bliss balls.
- Then put them in the freezer for three hours. This way they contain their shape better when you later cover them in chocolate.
- When the bliss balls are ice cold, melt the chocolate on a low heat and stir regularly. Stay below 40°C (or 104°F) if you want to keep the bliss balls raw.
- When all the chocolate is melted, roll the balls into the chocolate one by one.
- After you cover each bliss ball in chocolate you should also immediately add the topping (chopped almonds, freeze dried berries, hemp seeds) to make sure it sticks to the bliss ball before the chocolate hardens.
- You can store them in the fridge for several weeks, but they probably won’t last that long ;-).