Ingredients for 1 big bowl of hummus:
- 1 cup dry chickpeas (200 g)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a tiny pinch of Himalayan salt
- toppings: fresh thyme, a slice of lime, paprika powder
- food processor
- Preparation: Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly and let them drain.
- Cook the chickpeas for 45 minutes.
- Rinse them thoroughly with cold water and let them drain again.
- Put 2 cups (or 340 g) of the cooked chickpeas in your food processor and set the leftover ½ cup (or 85 g) of chickpeas aside.
- Add the garlic cloves, olive oil, fresh lime juice, tahini, ground cumin and Himalayan salt to the food processor.
- Blend for half a minute and then add ½ cup (or 120 ml) of cold water. Blend again until smooth.
- Put the hummus in a bowl and top with the leftover chickpeas, fresh thyme, a slice of lime and some paprika powder.