In the fall my favorite soup by far is homemade pumpkin soup. Below you can find the recipe that I use but feel free to adapt to your own taste. You can easily leave ingredients out if you want to, add other vegetables, or change the proportions. As long as you have a BIG pumpkin in the house, you will do fine! 😉
Ingredients for 5 liter:
- 2kg pumpkin, chopped in big pieces and the seeds removed
- 3 zucchinis, chopped in big pieces
- 1 big red bell pepper, chopped in big pieces and the seeds removed
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 big onion, chopped
- ginger (to taste), peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- black pepper (to taste)
Toppings: kale, chickpeas (boiled)
Cooking-pot, hand blender
- Stew the onion and ginger with a bit of water in a big cooking-pot.
- Then add the pumpkin, zucchini and bell pepper. Stew for a few minutes.
- Add 2 liters of water, the vegetable bouillon and the pepper. Put the lid on the cooking-pot and as soon as the water boils, let the soup cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mix the soup with a hand blender.
- Serve with fresh kale and chickpeas. Enjoy!
Note: If you liked this blogpost and it inspired you in some way, feel free to like it, comment on it and share it with others. Also, if you like this blog, make sure to follow it to not miss out on any recipe 🙂 Thank you so much for checking in and hopefully I will see you next time!