I finally made my own banana bread and I am so happy with it! The result is a more than filling, moist, nutty, cinnamon flavored banana bread and I just have to share my recipe with you. I have to warn you though, do not eat too many slices at once or you will soon end up in a serious food coma ;-). Enjoy lovelies!
Ingredients for 1 bread
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (150g)
- 1 cup oats (100g)
- 1 cup almonds (140g)
- 1 cup pecans (120g)
- 5 big very ripe bananas
- 5 big Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp chia seeds (30g)
- 3 tbsp grounded flax seeds (20g)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Himalayasalt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almonds (35g), chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans (30g), chopped
- two banana slices
- Blender, loaf tin, mixing bowl, oven, baking paper
- Preparation: Soak the Medjool dates 30 minutes in warm water and then mix to a paste.
- Mix the chia seeds with ½ cup of water and stir together.
- Blend the almonds and pecans in a food processor so that they form a flour. Add the oats and mix again. Add the buckwheat flour and flaxseeds and mix again. Add the cinnamon and salt and mix again.
- Peel the bananas and cut two vertical slices of one banana. You will use this to top the bread.
- Mash the bananas (apart from the two vertical slices) in a big mixing bowl. Add the chia gel, the melted coconut oil, the Medjool date paste and the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour from your food processor to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 145°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the chopped almonds and pecans and the two banana slices.
- Bake the bread for about 75 to 90 minutes.
- For optimal taste, let it cool down a few hours before digging in 😉
Note: If you liked this blogpost and it inspired you in some way, feel free to like it, comment on it and share it with others. Also, if you like this blog, make sure to follow it to not miss out on any new recipes 🙂 Thank you so much for checking in and hopefully I will see you next time!